1. FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT BIOL OGICAL AND CLINICAL RESULTS AS WELL AS STUDIES SEND AN E-MAIL AT email@example.com Page 1 of 1 This article should be cited as follows: T HEYS , S et al. Manual drainage with or without DEEP OSCILLATION ® in lower extremity edema. Yvoir, Belgium, 2007. Institution: Cliniques Univ Godinne; dept Phys and Rehab med; Yvoir; Belgium Abstract BACKGROUND AND RATIONALE Post thrombotic syndrome and lymphatic dis ease are a major source of oedema. Once developed, it becomes a chronic and substant ial problem, with no ideal method of reduction. Manual drainage (MD) is frequently used but its efficacy, alone, is limited. The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether MD and HIVAMAT ® 200 applied separately or simultaneously increase the reduction of oedema and to asse ss the relative merits of each treatment. MATERIAL AND METHODS From sept 1 st to nov 30 th 2007, 10 consecutive patients (3 males, 7 females; mean age 40 years, range 83 to 55 years) with unilatera l old oedema (6 phleboedemas – PO – and 4 lymphoedemas - LO) of the lower limb were included in this study. MD and HIVAMAT ® 200 were used twice: once separately, once simultaneously. The 16 min session of the 3 procedures were spaced in time by 15 min res t. The order of execution offered 6 possibilities and was at random permuted after each case. Using a Hg plethysmograph (SeriMed PL2) gauge fitted at 10 cm below the knee, relative volumetric variation was assessed continuously during all the study (108 min). RESULTS Whatever the technique, all limbs experienced a progressive calf reduction. Volumetric calf decrease reaches 0.0902 %∂V/min manually, 0. 0711 %∂V/min by mean of HIVAMAT® 200 and 0.1568 %∂V/min by mean of simultane ously methods. These data show that the combined method promote greater decongest ion than the MD alone, MD decongestion whose is superior to the HIVAMAT ® 200 alone. Our study failed to detect major differences between PO and LO, possibly related to the sm all number of subjects. Further studies in a larger number of patients are needed to cl arify the involved mechanism and differences between methods. CONCLUSION This study suggests that the addition of HIVAMAT ® 200 to the MD could improve treatment outcome in patients with old oedema of lowe r limbs. Subjects did not feel any discomfort. No adverse reactions were recorded. Literature
- 849 Totale weergaven
- 661 Websiteweergaven
- 188 Ingesloten weergaven
- Social media delingen
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 9 electromedico.nl
- 2 deeposcillation.nl
- 2 www.deeposcillation.nl
- 2 www.vliegwiel-training.nl
- 27 www.electromedico.nl
- 1 dev.electromedico.nl
- 2 ww.electromedico.nl
- 2 22.214.171.124
- 4 odoo12.fundament.it
- 2 www.electromedico.eunwww.electromedico.nl
- 1 www.ww.electromedico.nl
- 2 electromedico.eunwww.electromedico.nl
Schönfelder en Berg - Mammacarcinoom867 Weergaven.
Gasbarro - Lymphoedema863 Weergaven.
Aliyev - Rehabilitation hip endoprothesis811 Weergaven.
Janik - Fybromyalgia syndrome799 Weergaven.
Johanning-Csik - Postpartum785 Weergaven.
Jahr - Breast lymphoedema770 Weergaven.
Korkina - Cellulite767 Weergaven.
Aliyev - Fresh Lateral Ligament Injuries of the Ankle744 Weergaven.
Yashkov - COPD Kurortniye Vedmosti 3 translation 2007270 Weergaven.