1. FOR THE ORIGINAL PAPER (IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE) SEND A N E-MAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org Page 1 of 1 This article should be cited as follows: J AHR , S., S CHOPPE , B. AND A. R EIßHAUER . Effect of treatment with low-intensity and extremel y low-frequency electrostatic fields (Deep Oscillatio n ® ) on breast tissue and pain in patients with secondary breast lymphoedema. J Rehabil Med 40 :645-650 (2008). Institution: Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Dept. of Phys ical Medicine, Charité Campus Mitte, Berlin, German y Abstract BACKGROUND AND RATIONALE To investigate symptoms and functional impairment i n women with secondary lymphoedema of the breast following surgical treatment and to assess t he therapeutic benefit of treatment with low- intensity and extremely low-frequency electrostatic fields (Deep Oscillation ® ), supplementing manual lymphatic drainage. METHODS Twenty-one patients were randomized either to the t reatment group (n=11): 12 sessions of manual lymphatic drainage supplemented by Deep Oscillation ® , or to the control group (n=10): manual lymphatic drainage alone. Assessment included subje ctive pain and swelling evaluation, range of motion of the shoulder and the cervical spine, and analysis of breast volume using a 3D measuring system. RESULTS Patients had high pain and swelling scores at basel ine. Shoulder mobility was impaired in all patients ; restriction of cervical spine mobility was common a t baseline and declined further in the control group. Deep Oscillation ® resulted in significant pain reduction in the trea tment group. The subjective reported reduction of swelling in both groups was c onfirmed objectively by 3D measurement only in the treatment group. CONCLUSION Additional Deep Oscillation ® supplementary to manual lymphatic drainage can sig nificantly enhance pain alleviation and swelling reduction in patients with secondary breast lymphoedema compared with manual lymphatic drainage alone. Key words breast cancer – deep oscillation therapy – lymphati c drainage – pain – swelling. Literatur e
- 762 Totale weergaven
- 600 Websiteweergaven
- 162 Ingesloten weergaven
- Social media delingen
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 8 electromedico.nl
- 2 deeposcillation.nl
- 2 www.deeposcillation.nl
- 13 www.electromedico.nl
- 1 www.vliegwiel-training.nl
- 1 ww.electromedico.nl
- 2 18.104.22.168
- 4 odoo12.fundament.it
- 1 dev.electromedico.nl
- 1 www.ww.electromedico.nl
- 1 www.electromedico.eunwww.electromedico.nl
- 1 electromedico.eunwww.electromedico.nl
Schönfelder en Berg - Mammacarcinoom863 Weergaven.
Gasbarro - Lymphoedema855 Weergaven.
Theys - Oedema842 Weergaven.
Aliyev - Rehabilitation hip endoprothesis806 Weergaven.
Janik - Fybromyalgia syndrome789 Weergaven.
Johanning-Csik - Postpartum780 Weergaven.
Korkina - Cellulite763 Weergaven.
Aliyev - Fresh Lateral Ligament Injuries of the Ankle738 Weergaven.
Yashkov - COPD Kurortniye Vedmosti 3 translation 2007264 Weergaven.